Malaysia is like a melting pot of different cultures. This has consequently led to a rich and vivid wedding spectrum. From the Chinese to the Indians, Malaysia has different peoples all coexisting in this rich and traditional land. The wedding spectacle in Malaysian is nothing if not breathtaking. From the courting to the betrothal, the entire process is exceptional. However, one has to realize that with this mixture and meeting of cultures, the Malaysian wedding traditions vary from one culture and sphere of belief to the other. From Indian centered weddings, to those with Muslim flavors including those with a heavily indigenous essence. In the quintessential, Malaysian nuptial, both the groom and the bride are given centre stage. They are basically treated as the queen and king on their nuptial day. The bride and groom should be already engaged for any meaningful discussion by the relevant parties to commence. The dowry amount and the solemnization, is all determined during the betrothal period. This is done when the bride’s parents meet the groom’s parents in a pre-wedding setting. The necessary details are also discussed and the two parties make agreements. After the necessary agreements have been made and the actual date of the wedding set, there are the various preparation aspects that have to be put into motion. For instance the Berinai, which is also the instance when the Henna application process is carried out, is a ceremony that usually takes place before the actual day of the wedding. Henna is a kind of dye that is extracted from henna leaves. This is then applied onto the palms of the bride to be and subsequently the feet. This acts as a kind of ‘beautification’ or ‘decoration’ process.
The Nikah, is in essence represents contact signing ceremony. The contract in this case is between the Malaysian bride and the groom. This is presided over by the Kadhi, who is the religious head in the Shariat Court or Syariat Court. Subsequently, the contract between the bride and the groom is sealed by a financial contribution referred to as the Mas Kahwin. The issuance of the Mas Kahwin is a stipulation in the nikah. Additionally, it symbolizes the obligation of the wife to the husband, since it is regarded as a gift as the wife issues it to the husband. The next step is the Hari Langsung, which starts with the groom being escorted by the elders in the village towards the bride’s residence. With the groom approximately a hundred to a hundred and fifty meters from the bride’s residence the groom’s party stops and waits for the bride, who joins the groom and the both of them walk towards the house. Finally, is the Makan Berdamai, which is basically the feast of the entire Malaysian wedding ceremony. Here the bride the groom and the entire guest body and they get to enjoy the delicacies prepared for the wedding. The Makan Berdamai also takes place after the Berinai and Majlis Bersanding. The guests congregate and feast with the bride and groom.
For your traditional Sindhi wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the GTA, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Also, we can help you choose the right venue for your wedding reception, the bridal boutique closest to you for your wedding dress, and even help you plan the catering! We are also able to provide an all-female staff for the bride’s pictures, if she wishes to have pictures with her covering on or off, our female staff will take special care in photographing and editing the pictures for her. Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.