The main South American communities include the Venezuelan, Argentinean and Chilean communities. The South American wedding traditions are similar,, though each community has its own interpretation of the South American wedding styles. In Toronto, South American wedding couples celebrate such ceremonies with both the immediate and extended family members, as it is important in the establishment of strong family relationships or ties. They have cultural guidelines that assist in the organizing of the engagement ceremonies and they have their traditional ministers who unite both the groom and bride in holy matrimony. Before getting married, the priest normally confirms whether the bride and groom have informed their parents. The South American natives value their relations with the priests and this explains why they normally inform them subsequent to informing the parents. They believe that when a priest blesses the couple, they will experience good luck. Venezuelan Customs, The Venezuelans in Toronto value family life and this is why they have to include every family member in the preparations. The groom has to seek permission from the father-in-law before making a proposal to a woman the groom intends to marry. The couples normally introduce each other to their parents when they are courting as an indication that they intend to marry each other. South American wedding traditions require both families to organize a civil ceremony where they inform all the other family members of their wedding plans.
The civil ceremony normally takes place a fortnight prior to the main ceremony. Subsequent to the civil ceremony and the main service, the invited guests attend a reception at a selected venue. These ceremonies are vital to the Venezuelan community. Nonetheless, the spiritual service includes more festivity. As the main ceremony is in progression, the families exchange thirteen gold coins as a sign of good fortune and prosperity. They refer to these gold coins as ‘arras’. Many Venezuelan couples living in Toronto prefer to follow their wedding tradition. The newlyweds normally sneak from the reception venue as a way of bringing good luck to their marriage. Argentinean Ethnicity, The exclusion of both the best men and bridesmaids is a common thing in the Argentinean community. The only people allowed to escort the couple are the groom’s mother and the bride’s father. The South American wedding traditions require the couples to exchange the rings during the engagement ceremony and their customs forbid them from doing so when making vows. Many Argentinean couples reside in Toronto and this is why most of them prefer to have their weddings there. Chilean Traditions Chilean couples residing in Toronto can organize a traditional engagement ceremony conducted by a minister who knows the cultures. A Chilean couple is required to exchange rings immediately after the groom makes a proposal. South American wedding traditions require a couple to wear wedding bands around their hands prior to making vows. After they get married, they place each other’s ring on the ring finger of the left hand. South American wedding traditions require that the bride dress in a white gown if she is a virgin. If she is not, they should dress in either cream, light yellow, or beige gowns.
For your traditional Sindhi wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the GTA, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Also, we can help you choose the right venue for your wedding reception, the bridal boutique closest to you for your wedding dress, and even help you plan the catering! Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon