Malayalee Weddings are full of excitement and fun. In a traditional Malayalee wedding, a search for the right candidate is initiated as soon as girl and boy attain the marriageable age. Horoscope matching is of prime importance. Compatibility for the couple is seen by calculation done by some astrologer. If the horoscope matches, then an auspicious date is selected. Close relatives and friends participate enthusiastically in every ceremony and share joyous moments. There are no rigidities in the Malayalee wedding. An engagement ceremony is held where elders make the announcement to the family members and relatives about their ward’s engagement. It is popularly called ‘Nishayam’. The prospective bride and groom are not part of this ceremony. After this, various preparation are started in the house of boy and girl. Special sweets are prepared and decorations are done to give a new face to the house. On the wedding day, a special feast is organized and served to the guests at the bride’s house. Bride is made to sit facing the east and served a traditional five course vegetarian meal. Usually, the girl wears a two-piece sari which is known as Mundu. Jewelry and flowers adore the bride. The wedding ceremony is held at the bride’s ancestral house. Groom is dressed in a traditional dhoti and angavastram.
If you are planning to celebrate an Malayalee Wedding, you are in the right place. Babylon Productions offers many different kinds of services that will make you wedding perfect! Malayalee Wedding Photography, Malayalee Wedding Videography, Malayalee Wedding DJ Services, Wedding Limo Services, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor, Live Musicians. Our photographer and videographers are here to make you look your best and show that you are having the most enjoyable day of your life. Babylon Productions are also here to help you get all the stress off you and make us take care of everything you need to do. Book your Malayalee Wedding by giving us a call!!
As the groom reaches the bride’s house, his father in law washes his feet. Groom gives him a white color sari that the bride wears for the nuptials. A sacred fire is lit and veli is performed. Three rounds are taken around the fire. The groom then ties the ‘taali’ around the bride’s neck. It is further followed by ‘Penkoda’ ceremony where girl is publicly handed over to the groom. After ‘kanyadaanam’, ‘sparsham’ takes place. The groom is made to sit in front of the bride. He tilts his head backwards and touches the forehead of the bride. The bride puts some puffed rice in the fire. Homan is performed by placing the couple’s hand in one another. The groom then lifts the foot of the bride and place it on the grinding stone which represents breaking of old ties. The bride’s feet are moved seven times by the groom which symbolizes her entry into the new family.
Couple takes vows and touches the feet of their elders. They are blessed with good wishes for their life ahead.A rich feast follows after the wedding ceremony. Delicious meal is served to the guest that includes yummy delicacies including sweets. The entire atmosphere wears a festive look. After this, comes the time for departure of the bride for her new home. She is taken to groom’s house in a specially decorated car amidst playing of drums. The loud sounds are usually to announce the wedding. When girl reaches her new house, she is welcomed with traditional rituals. Lamps are placed in the entire house to lighten up their way. The light from the lamps is a good omen for the smooth journey for their life ahead. This ceremony is called ‘kudivep’. ‘Grah parvesh’ ceremony follows when bride enters her new house. Everyone introduces her to every member of the family and given jewels and gifts.
For your traditional Malayalee wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the G T A, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Trust the best in the wedding industry. Trust Babylon.
Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.