A traditional Syrian wedding presents an atmosphere of fun and frolic. After finding a suitable match, various pre-wedding ceremonies are held. The wedding starts a night before usually on Friday. A small party known as ‘khyapta d khitna ‘or shower of the groom is held in the groom’s house. Only small and closest relatives are invited to the party. Food and drinks are usually served at this occasion . Music is played till the time of the shower. His best man carries the groom to the bathroom to get the last shower. But traditionally, a small boy known as ring boy must be showered before the groom. Bride is not invited on this occasion . She is allowed to take a complete rest. She cannot see her prospective husband prior to the day of the marriage. After the young boy and the groom have been showered, the music, dance, drinks and food serving continues until the late hours. On the wedding day which is often Saturday, groom’s family prepares to go to the bride’s house. As the groom’s family is preparing, moments of rejoice are captured by the wedding photographer. The groom attires in his best outfit. When the entire family is ready, music and dance enlighten the whole environment.
If you are planning to celebrate an Syrian Wedding, you are in the right place. Babylon Productions offers many different kinds of services that will make you wedding perfect! Syrian Wedding Photography, Syrian Wedding Videography, Syrian Wedding DJ Services, Wedding Limo Services, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor, Live Musicians. Our photographer and videographers are here to make you look your best and show that you are having the most enjoyable day of your life. Babylon Productions are also here to help you get all the stress off you and make us take care of everything you need to do.
Videotapes are recorded, and wedding DVD productions are made as they all dance on the special day. Groom gives certain corsages to his family members and friends. The groom and his ushers go to the church and wait for the arrival of the bride. In the bride’s house, excitement continues. In the early morning, bride and her maids dress up in their beautiful attires. Jewels and makeup are worn. The bride and her maids fix their hair. Beautiful pictures are captured by the photographer . Bride and her family members give wonderful poses on the occasion . The groom’s family arrives at the bride’s house. Singing songs is a common ritual when bride is about to leave for church. Normally, one member of the bride’s family will stand by the door. They wouldn’t let the bride leave unless someone from the groom’s family pays the amount they asked for. After much shouting, a bargain is sought. Amount is paid to the girls and bride is taken off to the church. In church, her father, brother or uncle accompanies her towards the isle. She is handed over to the groom.
Then ring ceremony follows. Rings are exchanged between bride and the groom. Flowers are showered on the couple. The couple takes wedding vows. Wedding reception follow after this ceremony. Banquet halls are booked in advance. Weddings are hosted and put on by the groom’s family. As soon as the newly wed couple arrives at the hall, they are ushered with loud applause. Yalekhta gives the welcome to the couple. Syrian Yalekhta has many unique symbols, which are recorded on a piece of thin, see-through, square shaped cloth decorated with multiple beads. They add fancy to the wedding. The grand entrance at the hall is decorated in style. Last pair of usher and maid of honor enters the hall first among lots of music. Rest of the couples enters one after another. Lastly, bride and groom enter amongst cheers. As the couple settles on their tables, Assyrian dances and music set the mood on the floor. This dance is long line of people holding hands and tapping their feet at the beats of music. Gifts are given and blessings are showered on the couple.
For your traditional Syrian wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the GTA, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Trust the best in the wedding industry. Trust Babylon. Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.