Galicnik, which extends on the falls of mount Bistra is found 110 km away from the capital city of Macedonia. Each year Galicnik hosts a traditional Macedonian wedding in the beginning of July. This traditional wedding is a reminder of the past, when Galicnik had 1600 people living in 800 houses. Read on for Macedonian Wedding Culture and Traditions. Galicnik, which extends on the falls of Mount Bistra, is found 110 km away from the capital city of Macedonia. Each year Galicnik hosts a traditional Macedonian wedding in the beginning of July. This traditional wedding is a remainder of the past. When Galicnik had 1600 people living in 800 houses. The sound of drums and trumpets echoes through Mount Bistra and the valley of the river Radika. The people from Galicnik and some 7.000 quests from the Republic of Macedonia and from U.S.A, Germany, Austria, Italy, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and some other countries. Each tradition and ritual was followed with great interest and attention. All of this was captured on photo and film cameras. This year the wedding started on Saturday afternoon with the arrival of the drums, and soon after that the mother in-law danced the Svekrvino Oro, the Traditional Mother in-law dance.
If you are planning to celebrate an Macedonian Wedding, you are in the right place. Babylon Productions offers many different kinds of services that will make you wedding perfect! Macedonian Wedding Photography, Macedonian Wedding Videography, Macedonian Wedding DJ Services, Wedding Limo Services, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor, Live Musicians. Our photographer and videographers are here to make you look your best and show that you are having the most enjoyable day of your life. Babylon Productions are also here to help you get all the stress off you and make us take care of everything you need to do. Book your Macedonian Wedding by giving us a call!!
In the front yard of the groom’s house, girls and boys dressed in traditional clothes, which originate from Galicnik, with flowers they decorated the “Barjak” which was then put on the house. The older people from Galicnik danced the “Hard Dance” (Teskoto), the symbol at the people in this region. While dancing, they were reminded at the hard past, at the fortune seeking, at the weddings and the happiness. A few tears rolled down their wrinkled cheeks in grief for the past and happiness that Galicnik still lives. On the second day at the wedding the rituals continued. On this day the groom together with his closest relatives invite the Godfather to attend the wedding. Before the wedding column was formed, the groom was shaved and few traditional songs were sung: ” Nejke zetot berber da go brici, tuk mi saka mlad pobratim…” In the moment when the in-laws were on their way to the bride they carried out the custom “Bodinjanje” where they race who will be first to get to the brides house. Many customs were carried out there too: looking through the ring, giving presents, carrying the dowry and taking the bride. During the two days, a number of customs and rituals could be seen on the Galicnik wedding. This gave outsiders a glimpse of the richness and atmosphere of traditional Macedonian wedding from the past. The marriage ceremony attracts a lot of guests. This takes place in the church temple “St. Petar and St. Pavle” in Galicnik. Each year the temple is filled with people, coming to watch the ancient wedding ceremony.
For your traditional Macedonian wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the G T A, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Trust the best in the wedding industry. Trust Babylon. Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.