Oriya weddings are like any Hindu wedding in India. The rituals and the traditions are somewhat same as another Indian marriage. In case of Oriya wedding, the only difference is that the mother of the groom does not participate in the marriage. Various pre- and post-wedding ceremonies, which are practiced since ages are held. After the suitable alliance is found, some ‘shagun’ is given to the groom so that further search is stopped. Generally, some cash and sweets are given. Girl is also given some clothes by the groom’s family. An auspicious date is decided for the wedding. Generally, horoscopes are matched to find a good day for the ceremony. ‘Jayee anukulo’ ceremony is held in the beginning. In this ceremony, invitation cards are sent to all friends, relatives and family members. The first card is sent to family diety or the Lord at ‘Jagannath Puri’. The second card is sent to the maternal uncles of the bride and groom. Then the cards are sent to all relatives, friends and neighbors. After this another important ritual takes place, which is called ‘Mangan’ tradition. In this ceremony, grinding some turmeric makes a paste and a sandal and it is applied on the body of bride. It is done to make a radiance affect on the skin of the bride. She is given ceremonial bath after this. Water is fetched from some holy place or temple by the women folk who make a gathering and carry a large pot and went to the place singing traditional songs.
If you are planning to celebrate an Oriya Wedding, you are in the right place. Babylon Productions offers many different kinds of services that will make you wedding perfect! Oriya Wedding Photography, Oriya Wedding Videography, Oriya Wedding DJ Services, Wedding Limo Services, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor, Live Musicians. Our photographer and videographers are here to make you look your best and show that you are having the most enjoyable day of your life. Babylon Productions are also here to help you get all the stress off you and make us take care of everything you need to do. Book your Oriya Wedding by giving us a call!!
The ‘Diya Mangula puja’ is held after this. The prayers are made to the diety in a temple. The barber of the family offers the bride’s saree, toe rings and sindoor to the goddess. The purpose is to seek the blessing of the gods and goddesses for the long and prosperous happy life ahead. Groom attires in his best outfit and make himself ready for the wedding. In ‘Barajatri ceremony’ , the groom with a procession of his friends, relatives and family members arrive at the wedding venue. The entire crowd is dancing to the tunes of famous numbers, which may be regional. The girl is informed after the groom’s procession arrives. She is made ready for the wedding and she is given a holy bath. Her friends and her cousins decorate her. Lots of jewels with the traditional items adore the beauty of the bride. She is generally dressed in a red, orange or pink outfit.
‘Kanaya dan’ ceremony is held at the wedding venue. The bride arrives at the already built structure with lots of flowers and leaves. The father of the bride holds her hands and gives it in the hand of groom. The priest chants the mantras and water is poured over it. This is traditional giving of a daughter to the boy. The groom takes the vows and he promises to take a good care of the girl and accepted her as his wife. After this, fire is lit and priest enchants the mantras and shlokas. The couple, around the fire, takes seven rounds. The sacred fire is considered a witness for the marriage.
For your traditional Oriya wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the G T A, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Also, we can help you choose the right venue for your wedding reception, the bridal boutique closest to you for your wedding dress, and even help you plan the catering. Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.