The Persian community cultures are based on the Zoroastrian wedding traditions; however, there are some regional or local variations. The marriage is an occasion of glory for the community. It is the most conspicuous of all the rituals and must be celebrated in an assembly, which can bear witness to the event. Traditionally, there are two stages in a Persian marriage. Most often both take place on the same day, but occasionally there could be some gap between the two. The first is called ‘Aghd’. It is legal process of getting married. The bride, bridegroom and their parents sign a marriage contract. In the second ceremony, a feast or celebration is held which lasts for three to seven days. It is popularly known as ‘Jashn e Aroosi’. The ceremony takes place in a specially decorated room with lots of flowers in a beautiful way. The elaborately decorated spread on the floor called ‘Sofreh ye Aghd’ is generally set facing the east which is the direction of sunrise. Consequently when bride and groom are seated together at the head, they should face the sacred light. Traditionally, this custom takes place at bride’s parents. The wedding ceremony is initiated with the arrival of guest who is witness to the marriage. Traditionally, the family members and close friends are present in the room to welcome the guests. They are seated at comfortable places. After all the guests are seated, the groom is the first one to take the seat. The bride comes afterwards and joins the groom. The bridegroom always sits on the right side of the bride.
If you are planning to celebrate an Persian Wedding, you are in the right place. Babylon Productions offers many different kinds of services that will make you wedding perfect! Persian Wedding Photography, Persian Wedding Videography, Persian Wedding DJ Services, Wedding Limo Services, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor, Live Musicians. Our photographer and videographers are here to make you look your best and show that you are having the most enjoyable day of your life. Babylon Productions are also here to help you get all the stress off you and make us take care of everything you need to do. Book your Persian Wedding by giving us a call!!
In the Persian culture, right side depicts respect and honor. The spread that is used on the floor as the backdrop for Sofreh-ye Aghd was traditionally passed from mother to daughter. On some occasion it can be passed to the son. The spread is made of luxurious fabric such as silk. Bride generally reaches the marriage venue in a veil. However, she removes the veil while sitting with the groom. The first thing, which the groom sees in the mirror, is the reflection of his would be wife after she removes the veil. Mirror is surrounded by the candles on either side which depicts the light. Light and fire are considered very important in the Persian society. Another thing, which is considered very lucky, is a fish in a bowl, which signifies life. A tray of multi colored spices is kept at the wedding venue to ward off the evil spirits and save the couple from their bad intentions. When the couple sits together, two female guests hold a thin piece of cloth over their head and hard crystals of sugar are poured in it, which signifies the addition of sweetness in their relationship. Then bride and groom are separately asked if they accept each other as their future companions. The bride is asked three times. However, she remains silent for two times at which crowd comments that she might be thinking.
Some says she might have gone for picking the flowers. When she is asked third for the third time, she gives her consent in affirmation. Only after this the couple takes the wedding vows. The gifts are given to the couple after the ceremony and they are blessed for their future life. So this is a tiny glimpse in the weeding ceremony of Persian people.
For your traditional Persian wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the G T A, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Also, we can help you choose the right venue for your wedding reception, the bridal boutique closest to you for your wedding dress, and even help you plan the catering. Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.