If you or your groom has any Polish roots there are several ways you can express your heritage on your wedding day. Here are a few ideas:
1. The Bread and Salt Blessing
The sharing of the bread and salt is an old Polish tradition. At the wedding reception, the parents of the bride and groom greet the newly married couple with bread, which is lightly sprinkled with salt and a goblet of wine.
With the bread, the parents are hoping that their children will never hunger of be in need. With the salt, they are reminding the couple that their life may be difficult at times, and they must learn to cope with life’s struggles. The parents then kiss the newly married couple as a sign of welcome, unity, and love.
2. The Oczepiny Ceremony (The Unveiling and Capping)
This tradition is still the mainstay of many Polish brides, representing a rite of passage from young woman to married woman. All single ladies circle the bride as the maid or matron of honor stands behind the bride and removes the veil from the bride’s head as music is played. A married woman is given the responsibility of pinning the cap on the bride as all married women circle around the bride. At this moment, the bride is officially considered a married woman. In some weddings, after the unveiling the bride will toss the veil, rather than the bouquet, to one of the single women.
3. Serving Polish Foods
Serving Polish foods at your reception is a fun and tasty way to celebrate your wedding day. Some Polish favorites are: Cheese and frui Barszcz (Polish beet soup) Bigos (Hunter’s Stew) DumplingsPierogi (dough pockets)Roasted
meats and vegetablesMeat pastries Walnut tortePoppy seed macaroons In addition to food, you may like to serve Polish drinks as well, such as Polish vodka or wine. You may even consider giving a small bottle of Polish liqueur as a wedding favour for each guest.
4. Singing/Dancing to Polish Music
Consider hiring a polka band and pass out words to polish songs so your guests can participate. A popular song is called ‘Sto lat’ which literally translated means ‘100 years’. It is often sung to celebrate any major occasion, such as a wedding.
If you are planning to celebrate an Polish Wedding, you are in the right place. Babylon Productions offers many different kinds of services that will make you wedding perfect! Polish Wedding Photography, Polish Wedding Videography, Polish Wedding DJ Services, Wedding Limo Services, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florist, Wedding Decor, Live Musicians. Our photographer and videographers are here to make you look your best and show that you are having the most enjoyable day of your life. Babylon Productions are also here to help you get all the stress off you and make us take care of everything you need to do. Book your Polish Wedding by giving us a call!!
For your traditional Polish wedding ceremony, hire Babylon for all your important wedding needs! Babylon has been servicing weddings in the G T A, and around the world, for over 25 years! We can provide many services, including:
- Our skilled photographers will photograph all of the special moments from your wedding day! They will make sure your precious memories last forever, on beautiful prints of any size you wish! You will be proud to share these quality wedding photos with your loved ones.
- Our expert videographers will capture your entire day, onto film, then edit it to your liking onto a quality DVD production. At Babylon, our videographers consider your wedding video not just a video, but a movie production that will contain special memories meant to be passed down to future generations. Our expert staff can even add a soundtrack of traditional Luhya wedding music, or any romantic ballads you like, making your wedding DVD production even more enjoyable for you and your loved ones!
- We have a large, luxurious selection of limousines available for your wedding transportation needs! Arrive in style in a brand new stretch limousine, or choose from our wide selection of other options. From the classic automobile to the modern sleek and shiny style of limousine, Babylon can provide any style of limousine you wish, so that you can arrive in style and comfort to your wedding!
- Babylon can provide wedding DJs that play your country’s wedding songs, singers that can speak your native tongue, or even live bands that will play traditional wedding music from your country! For any traditional performance you may want at you wedding, simply ask us and we will do our best to provide.
- We can work with you to design your wedding invitations, print them up and even send them to your guests!
Also, we can help you choose the right venue for your wedding reception, the bridal boutique closest to you for your wedding dress, and even help you plan the catering. Trust the best in the wedding and wedding photography business. Trust Babylon.